Succulent blooms that are lush and colorful? Search no more! You’ve arrived! This guide is for you!
Tips, advice from the experts about perfect fertilizer for optimal succulent growth and color. Get reading! Learn more!
Best succulent fertilizer 2023
- ECO GARDEN PRO PROFESSIONAL fertilizer(Editor’s Pick)
- Miracle-Gro fertilizer(Best Overall)
- RootBoost 100538120 fertilizer(Budget Friendly)
- Joyful Dirt fertilizer
- Osmocote fertilizer
- Neptune’s Harvest fertilizer
- Miracle-Gro VB02196 fertilizer
1) ECO GARDEN PRO PROFESSIONAL fertilizer
High-quality 1-liter ECO GARDEN PRO PROFESSIONAL liquid fertiliser. Garden, indoor, and outdoor plants may use the fertiliser. Its neutral pH of 6.2 makes this fertiliser great for most plants.
You don’t need to modify soil pH before fertilising. The liquid fertiliser is simple to apply, ensuring that plants get an equal and regular quantity of nutrients. ECO GARDEN PRO PROFESSIONAL fertiliser is a great option for professional and amateur gardeners alike.
ECO GARDEN PRO PROFESSIONAL fertiliser is a pH-balanced, concentrated indoor plant food. Eco Home & Garden Solutions proudly makes this all-purpose home plant fertiliser in the US. The 1 litre liquid product weighs 2.33 pounds. Its 7.36 x 4.92 x 2.8-inch compact is convenient to store and utilise.
The high concentration of ECO GARDEN PRO PROFESSIONAL fertiliser is a major benefit. This implies you won’t need much to get the outcomes you want. pH-balanced fertiliser protects plant roots and leaves. This makes it safe for many indoor plants, even pH-sensitive ones.
ECO GARDEN PRO PROFESSIONAL is a fantastic all-around home plant fertiliser. Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium are in it. This makes it perfect for blooming, non-flowering, and growth-stage-specific plants.
Eco Garden Pro Professional fertiliser is a trustworthy, USA-made indoor plant food. Eco Home & Garden Solutions, a reputable gardening brand, makes it. Liquid fertiliser makes it easier for novices to utilise.
Must Read – Best fertilizer for blueberries
ECO GARDEN PRO PROFESSIONAL fertilizer First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Silver Cymbal
- Highly concentrated formula saves money in the long run.
- pH balanced formula is safe for a wide range of indoor plants.
- Contains all the essential nutrients for both flowering and non-flowering plants.
- Proudly manufactured in the USA by a trusted name in the gardening industry.
- Comes in liquid form, making it easy to use and apply.
|Brand||ECO GARDEN PRO PROFESSIONAL|
|Liquid Volume||1 Liters|
|Package Dimensions||7.36 x 4.92 x 2.8 inches|
|Item Weight||2.33 pounds|
2) Miracle-Gro fertilizer
Miracle-Gro stable fertiliser is available in an 8-ounce box. It works immediately on all indoor flora. This fertiliser is a easy approach to feed indoor flora. Liquid fertilisers are messy, whilst stable fertilisers are trustworthy to use. Sprinkle fertiliser over soil and water as normal.
Miracle-Gro fertiliser includes vitamins to bolster and brighten indoor flora. Miracle-Gro fertiliser is excellent for indoor gardening novices and professionals alike.
Miracle-Gro Fertiliser fast nourishes all indoor houseplants, making them more healthy and brighter. It’s appropriate for all indoor flora, such as edibles. The weekly fertiliser guarantees that your flora get sufficient vitamins.
Miracle-Gro Fertiliser swiftly feeds indoor flora, a primary benefit. Fertiliser vitamins are effortlessly absorbed with the aid of using flora.
This makes it best for those who need to peer effects immediately with out ready weeks.
Miracle-Gro Fertiliser works for all indoor flora, such as edibles. It works on succulents, herbs, and veggies. The fertiliser is designed to fulfill the dietary needs of numerous indoor flora, assuring their growth.
Miracle-Gro Fertiliser is an effective, easy-to-use plant nourishment. It’s sturdy, so beginners can use it. The Scotts Company LLC, a regarded gardening brand, makes the product, assuring quality.
Must Read – Best fertilizer for centipede grass
Miracle-Gro fertilizer First Hand Review Video
Video Source: BrightGreenThumb
- Instantly feeds indoor houseplants for quick results.
- Suitable for all indoor plants, including edibles.
- Easy to use and apply, even for beginners.
- Made by The Scotts Company LLC, a trusted name in the gardening industry.
- Comes in a compact package, weighing just 0.5 pounds.
|Item Weight||0.5 Pounds|
|Liquid Volume||8 Fluid Ounces|
|Specific Uses For Product||Plant Food|
3) RootBoost 100538120 fertilizer
Hormone powder RootBoost 100538120 fertiliser is 2 oz. Gardeners, horticulturists, and plant propagators will love it since it promotes root development in cuttings and snips. Mixing the fertiliser powder with water before applying to cuttings or snips is straightforward.
Your cuttings and snips will root rapidly and effectively thanks to the fertilizer’s hormone. This fertiliser is ideal for propagating plants from cuttings to save money and avoid waste. RootBoost 100538120 fertiliser promotes healthy root development in cuttings and snips for both experienced and novice gardeners.
Rootboost 100538120 Fertiliser accelerates cutting rooting. Hormodin 1, a powerful rooting hormone, helps cuttings develop fast in fertiliser. Cut, dip, and plant makes it easy for beginners and experts.
Hormodin 1, a powerful rooting hormone, increases cutting root development in Rootboost 100538120 Fertiliser.
The hormone helps cuttings root fast, accelerating their growth into healthy, bright plants. This implies quick outcomes.
Rootboost 100538120 Fertiliser is very straightforward to use. Powder fertiliser is simple to combine with water and apply to cuttings. The easy cut, dip, and plant method lets you start right away without preparing the fertiliser.
Rootboost 100538120 Fertiliser is an affordable rooting hormone. Hobbyists and professional gardeners may afford it since it includes enough rooting hormone for hundreds of cuttings. Central Garden & Pet, a recognised gardening brand, makes the product.
Must Read – Best fertilizer for corn
RootBoost 100538120 fertilizer First Hand Review Video
Video Source: GARDEN TIPS
- Contains Hormodin 1, a potent rooting hormone that promotes root growth.
- Easy to use, with a simple process of cut, dip, and plant.
- Cost-effective solution, with enough rooting hormone for hundreds of cuttings.
- Comes in powder form, making it easy to mix and apply.
- Manufactured by Central Garden & Pet, a trusted name in the gardening industry.
|Item Weight||0.13 Pounds|
|Liquid Volume||2 Fluid Ounces|
|Specific Uses For Product||Rooting|
4) Joyful Dirt fertilizer
Joyful Dirt is a aggregate of all-motive natural fertilisers that offer your flowers the exceptional nutrition. Gardeners and farmers looking for a herbal fertiliser will love this one. Joyful Dirt fertiliser is secure for you, your family, and the surroundings given that it’s miles natural.
The all-motive aggregate works for veggies, fruits, flowers, and more. Joyful Dirt fertiliser is first-rate for gardening, developing food, or keeping indoor flowers. Joyful Dirt fertiliser will nourish your flowers with its splendid combo and herbal components.
Joyful Dirt Fertiliser is licensed natural and easy to apply. The product is designed to offer numerous flowers a balanced combo of vitamins for optimum development. Beginner and professional gardeners may also use it safely.
Certified natural Joyful Dirt Fertiliser is a primary benefit. The product makes use of herbal, sustainable, and chemical-unfastened components.
The fertiliser is secure for humans and dogs, giving your flowers the finest care with out harming you or the surroundings.
Joyful Dirt Fertiliser is likewise user-friendly. Its 3-ounce packaging makes it easy to hold and apply. The fertiliser is mixed with water and positioned to the soil to offer your flowers the vitamins they require.
Joyful Dirt Fertiliser is a top-acting plant food. The answer consists of a balanced combo of vitamins tailor-made to numerous plant varieties. This ensures most useful plant boom and health.
Must Read – Best fertilizer for cucumbers
Joyful Dirt fertilizer First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Joyful Dirt Organics
- Certified organic, free from harmful chemicals and additives.
- Safe for both humans and pets, ensuring the best care for your plants.
- Easy to use, with a simple process of mixing with water and applying directly to the soil.
- Compact package, weighing just 3 ounces, making it easy to store and apply.
- Contains a balanced mix of nutrients, ensuring optimal growth and health for your plants.
|Item Weight :||3 Ounces|
|Item Weight||3 Ounces|
|Specific Uses For Product||Plant Food|
5) Osmocote fertilizer
An 8-pound bundle of 15-9-12 Osmocote fertiliser gives 6-month plant nourishment. This fertiliser is designed to closing longer, so that you do not ought to follow it as frequently. Osmocote progressively grants vitamins to feed your plant life for up to six months.
This slow-launch answer feeds your plant life on the right moment, making them more potent and healthier. Osmocote fertiliser offers plant life long-time period nourishment, whether or not you are a expert grower or a hobbyist. Osmocote fertiliser is right for gardening because of its extremely good recipe and long-lasting benefits.
Osmocote Fertiliser is a top rate plant meals evolved to offer all plant life the finest results. Osmocote’s greatest formulation and mystery offer a balanced combo of vitamins for plant improvement and health. Applied as granules, it is foolproof.
Osmocote Fertilizer’s finest formulation and mystery are its largest benefits. This offers your plant life a balanced, customised nutrients combo.
Osmocote Fertiliser is right for flowers, vegetables, and plant life.
Osmocote Fertiliser is simple to use. Granules are easy to position to soil. Osmocote’s commands offer most efficient consequences with the fertiliser. It’s additionally mistake-proof, so that you will not hurt your plant life.
Osmocote Fertiliser is the proper plant nourishment for assured gardening and notable results. The Scotts Company LLC, a recognised gardening brand, manufactures the product, assuring quality. The product additionally covers a huge vicinity in a small box, making it low cost for all gardeners.
Must Read – Best fertilizer for gardenias
Osmocote fertilizer First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Beat Your Neighbor Plant Food & Fertilizer
- Features Osmocote’s best formula and secret for optimal plant growth and health.
- Easy to use, with granule form and directions for use.
- Mistake-proof, ensuring that you won’t cause any damage to your plants.
- Manufactured by The Scotts Company LLC, a trusted name in the gardening industry.
- Cost-effective option, with a compact package that covers a full area.
|Item Weight||8.1 Pounds|
|Liquid Volume||8 Liters|
6) Neptune’s Harvest fertilizer
Gallon-sized Neptune’s Harvest fertiliser is 2-3-1. This fertiliser boosts leaf development in all plants. This organic gardening recipe is prepared from fresh fish and seaweed. Fish and seaweed give nitrogen, phosphate, and potassium to encourage healthy leaf development.
The liquid fertiliser makes it simple to feed your plants. Neptune’s Harvest fertiliser promotes healthy leaf development in all plants, whether you’re a professional grower or a hobbyist. Neptune’s Harvest fertiliser is ideal for gardening due to its natural composition and optimum balance of nutrients.
Neptune’s Harvest Fertiliser is a premium vegetable garden fertiliser. Organic fertiliser is ideal for natural gardeners. Powder makes it simple to combine with water and apply to plants.
Organic components are Neptune’s Harvest Fertilizer’s biggest benefit.
The product is chemical-free and safe for individuals and the environment. Organic ingredients provide your plants a rich blend of nutrients to develop strong and healthy.
Powdered Neptune’s Harvest Fertiliser is simple to combine with water and apply to plants. The fertiliser dissolves swiftly in water, giving your plants the nutrients they need to thrive. Neptune’s Harvest, a known gardening brand, manufactures the product, assuring quality.
Neptune’s Harvest Fertiliser is ideal for plant development. Its balanced nutrients help you create a lovely food garden. The fertiliser is also fish-friendly, keeping your garden healthy and lively.
Must Read – Best fertilizer for green grass
Neptune’s Harvest fertilizer First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Neptunes Harvest
- Made from organic ingredients, free from harmful chemicals and additives.
- Easy to mix with water and apply to your plants, with quick dissolution in water.
- Manufactured by Neptune’s Harvest, a trusted name in the gardening industry.
- Specifically formulated to help you grow a beautiful vegetable garden.
- Designed to work well with fish, ensuring that your garden remains healthy and vibrant.
|Item Weight||4 Pounds|
|Liquid Volume||3785.41 Milliliters|
|Specific Uses For Product||Plant Growth|
7) Miracle-Gro VB02196 fertilizer
Miracle-Gro’s 8-ounce water-soluble VB02196 fertiliser is all-cause. Gardeners and farmers attempting to find a quick and easy technique to offer their vegetation the vitamins they want will love this fertiliser. It dissolves with no trouble in water, making feeding vegetation easy.
The all-cause aggregate works for veggies, fruits, flowers, and more. The fertiliser improves plant fitness and boom inside 1-2 weeks. The Miracle-Gro VB02196 fertiliser is a top notch choice for feeding your vegetation, whether or not you are an professional or a beginner. This fertilizer’s quick-acting, all-cause blend makes it a critical gardening tool.
Miracle-Gro Vb02196 Fertiliser is a top rate plant meals for all styles of vegetation. For most improvement and fitness, the product is designed for use each 1. It’s top notch for beginner and professional gardeners.
Miracle-Gro Vb02196 Fertilizer’s compatibility with the Garden Feeder is a prime benefit. This offers your vegetation the right amount of fertiliser and vitamins. For indoor and out of doors gardening, the product is simple to use.
Miracle-Gro Vb02196 Fertilizer’s 8-ounce container makes it easy to keep and apply. The fertiliser covers a big vicinity to offer your vegetation with vitamins. The Scotts Company LLC, a known gardening brand, makes the product.
Miracle-Gro Vb02196 Fertiliser is good for plant meals that works well. For most improvement and fitness, the product is designed for use each 1. The Miracle-Gro Garden Feeder works with the fertiliser to provide vegetation the proper amount.
Must Read – Best fertilizer for bermuda grass
Miracle-Gro VB02196 fertilizer First Hand Review Video
Video Source: BrightGreenThumb
- Designed to be used with the Miracle-Gro Garden Feeder, ensuring precise application.
- Easy to use, making it an excellent option for both indoor and outdoor gardens.
- Compact package, weighing just 8 ounces, making it easy to store and apply.
- Specifically formulated to be used every 1, ensuring optimal growth and health for your plants.
- Manufactured by The Scotts Company LLC, a trusted name in the gardening industry.
|Item Weight||8 Ounces|
|Specific Uses For Product||Plant Food,Plant Food.5|
|Product Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 8.5 inches|
Best succulent fertilizer 2023-Complete Buying Guide
Welcome to our guide about the best succulent fertilizer for 2023! We’re here to introduce you to the world of succulents, explain why they need feeding, and review the top available fertilizers. We’ll look at both indoor and outdoor succulents and give a chart to help you choose what’s right for you. Let’s get started!
Succulents are good at storing water in their leaves, stems, or roots. This means they don’t need much water or nourishment. But plants still need some nutrients – either from the soil or from fertilizer.
If the soil is low in nutrients, your succulent won’t look good. It will have yellow leaves and not grow well. If you give too much fertilizer, the roots can die from the salts in the soil. So it’s important to use a light hand when feeding succulents.
The type of fertilizer you use matters too. Different formulas are designed for different soil conditions or plant health needs. Our guide will explain which type is best for each situation and how often to apply it. Read on for more information!
Photo Source: debraleebaldwin.com
Definition of succulents
Succulents are a popular houseplant, with many varieties. They come in different sizes, shapes and colors – from bright green to deep purple. Desert succulents store water in their leaves or stems (e.g. aloe vera), and tropical succulents absorb moisture from the soil (e.g. string of pearls).
To ensure healthy growth, you’ll need to choose the right fertilizer for your succulents. There are three types:
- slow-release pellets
- liquid solutions
- granular formulations
Each type has advantages and disadvantages.
Slow-release pellets are great for longer-term feeding. Liquid solutions are good for replanted or newly transplanted plants. Granular formulations provide consistent feeding for larger populations of plants. You’ll need to consider soil pH levels when choosing a fertilizer. Some products work better in acidic soils, others in alkaline conditions.
Importance of fertilizing succulents
Fertilizing succulents is essential care. To support growth and blooms, extra nutrients are needed. Succulents don’t need much, but regular fertilizing helps them look better.
Two to three times a year during the growing season (Spring to Fall), use a balanced fertilizer designed for succulents. Over-fertilizing can cause harm, so remember to not use too much.
Chemical fertilizers can “burn” delicate foliage and discolor leaves. Choose organic slow-release fertilizers like fishmeal or pelletized manure for beneficial nutrients without any damage.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Succulent Fertilizer
When selecting fertilizer for succulents, many factors should be considered:
- Nutrient Content: Look for fertilizers with high levels of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. Plus, other nutrients like calcium, magnesium, iron, and boron.
- Soil Type: The soil type will determine how much fertilizer is needed. Sandy soils need more fertilizer since they have fewer nutrients. Read the label for any special instructions.
- Application Rate: Calculate the square feet needing fertilizer. Organic fertilizers need more frequent applications while chemical fertilizers may require less frequent, but larger ones.
- Formulation Types: Different formulations are available for various purposes. For example, increasing water retention or emphasizing foliage growth. Choose a formulation that best suits your needs.
Succulent fertilizer can vary in the amount of nutrients. These include nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, plus smaller amounts of micro-nutrients.
When you buy fertilizer for succulents, pay attention to the percentages of each nutrient written on the package. Common ratios you’ll see are 6-12-6 or 8-3-9 (NPK).
- The first number is nitrogen, then phosphorus, then potassium.
- For example, an 8-3-9 NPK formula has 8 parts nitrogen, 3 parts phosphorus, and 9 parts potassium.
- So, 80% of it is nitrogen, while only 30% is phosphorus and potassium.
Frequency of Use
Fertilizing succulents can be varied. In the growing season, use fertilizer once per month. During cooler months, every two or three months is okay. Notice the reaction of the plants to the fertilizer schedule. If succulents look weak or slow-growing, switch up the schedule and the fertilizer! Find a combo that works for your succulents.
III. Top Succulent Fertilizers of 2023
Finding the best fertilizer for succulent plants can be hard. So, we made a guide for 2023’s top succulent fertilizers. We rated them based on ingredients, type, nutrients, ratings, and reviews. We also included a buying guide. Here are our top fertilizers for 2023:
- Fox Farm FX14053 Big Bloom Liquid Concentrate: Sea plant extract and earthworm castings make this liquid concentrate great for succulents.
- Dr Earth 708P Organic Succulent & Cactus Soil Mix: Good quality ingredients like pumice, fir bark and reed sedge peat moss make this soil mix perfect for containers.
- Schultz African Violet Plus Liquid Plant Food 10-14-9 Fertilizer: This African Violet fertilizer also works on other indoor plants like chameleon plant or heartleaf philodendron. So, it’s suitable for growing succulents indoors.
- Espoma SS16 Succulent Soil: This soil is designed to keep moisture longer than regular soil mixes. So, it’s great for outdoor use.
- Jobe’s Organics Succulent Plant Food: Beneficial bacteria and 10-10-10 blend of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, and 8 micronutrients make this fertilizer great for succulents.
Description of each fertilizer
Fertilizer can nourish your succulents and help them grow! Know the four categories of fertilizer:
- Organic fertilizer. Natural ingredients like compost, cow manure or fish emulsion. Provides minerals for growth.
- Inorganic or synthetic fertilizer. Minerals and salts that provide major nutrients. Usually well balanced.
- Slow release fertilizer. Releases nutrients over time. For even growth and long-lasting nutrition.
- Liquid fertilizer. Rapidly absorbs. Applied to damp soil or sprayed on leaves. No absorption period needed. Complete uptake with less risk of build-up.
Pros and cons of each fertilizer
A variety of succulent fertilizers exist on the market. It’s crucial to understand the benefits and drawbacks of each type before making a decision. Here are the types broken down for you:
- Organic Fertilizers – Organic fertilizers are often made from composted veggies, fruits and manure. They provide a slow release of nutrients, preventing overfeeding. But, they may not have as many trace elements as chemical-based varieties. Read labels before purchasing.
- Synthetic/Chemical-Based Fertilizers – These come pre-mixed with minerals like potassium, phosphorus and nitrogen, reducing guesswork. They provide an immediate boost for young plants, but can harm succulents if used too often. Read labels and follow directions.
- Liquid Fertilizer – This can be injected or diluted and poured on succulents. It gives growers control over how much fertilizer each plant receives. The downside is it needs to happen more often than other approaches, which isn’t ideal for busy gardeners.
Photo Source: thesucculenteclectic.com
You know the top succulent fertilizer brands and products now! Time to decide. Get quality items that are best for plants, not your wallet. Unsure what to buy? Start small. Try different fertilizers until you find a match for your plants and budget. DIY options and store-bought products made for succulents can help too.
With these tips, choosing the best fertilizer for successful gardening should be a breeze!
What is the secret to growing succulents?
The secret to growing succulents is to provide them with well-draining soil, bright but indirect light, and infrequent but thorough watering. They are drought-tolerant plants, so it’s important not to overwater them.
How do you fertilize succulents naturally?
Succulents can be fertilized naturally by using compost or other organic matter mixed into the soil, or by applying a liquid fertilizer made from fish emulsion, seaweed extract, or worm castings.
What is the best NPK ratio for succulents?
The best NPK (nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium) ratio for succulents is usually in the range of 1-2-2 or 2-2-1. Succulents don’t require high levels of nitrogen, but they do benefit from adequate phosphorus and potassium to promote healthy root development and flower production.
What is the ideal NPK for succulents?
The ideal NPK for succulents is one that provides adequate levels of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium for healthy growth and blooming. A ratio of 1-2-2 or 2-2-1 is typically recommended.
What is the ratio of NPK for succulents?
A typical NPK ratio for succulents is 1-2-2 or 2-2-1. This provides adequate levels of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium to promote healthy growth and blooming.
What is the fastest way to multiply succulents?
The fastest way to multiply succulents is through propagation using cuttings. Simply cut a piece of a mature succulent and plant it in well-draining soil. The cutting will root and grow into a new plant.
How do I make my succulents thicker?
To make your succulents thicker, you can propagate them using cuttings or divide large, overgrown succulents into smaller pieces and plant each piece in its own pot. You can also fertilize them regularly to promote healthy growth.
What month do succulents bloom?
The month that succulents bloom depends on the specific species and variety, as well as growing conditions. Some succulents may bloom in the spring or summer, while others may bloom in the fall or winter.
Is Epsom salt good for succulents?
Epsom salt can be good for succulents in moderation as it provides magnesium, which is an essential nutrient for plant growth. However, it’s important not to overuse Epsom salt, as it can also lead to an imbalance of other nutrients in the soil.
When should I not water my succulents?
You should not water your succulents when the soil is still damp or wet from a recent watering. Succulents are drought-tolerant plants, so it’s important to allow the soil to dry out completely before watering again. Overwatering can lead to root rot and other problems.